CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My new Blog

Click here to start following me on my new web sitE BLUE HEART DESIGNS

Monday, 25 July 2011

Birthday card for a Daddy!


I have made this card for the Crafters Companions challenge , One for the boys. 
I have used the new Humphrey's stamp collection, which I was lucky enough to win.


Full card

Close up of the lovely image.

This just has to be my all time favourite image at the moment.
I found a wonderful poem to match the image.

Which reads,

Walk a little slower, Dad
Cos I am only small.
I’m following in your footsteps,
And I don’t want to fall.

Someday when I’m all grown up.
You’re what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child,
Who’ll want to follow me.


And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Dad,
For I must follow you.

Which I think is a beautiful and very apt to the image.
Now I hope I don't get told off for this ... as they have not shown these yet!!!

I am also entering this one into the papertake challenge, Getting Cute.

5 comments:

Carol

Yvonne this is too gorgeous Hun!! Aren't these new Humphreys just fab?! Super lo and colour combo you've used. Thanks for joining us at Crafters Companion. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

delphinoid

It's lovely Von!

You've been using your new Humphrey Stamps I see.
:) X X

julie_woolston

Von it'a absolutely gorgeous, and the poem brought tears to my eyes,

Julie x

PatR

It's such a gorgeous card Yvonne and that little poem is brilliant. Hope you are keeping well. Hugs Pat xxx

Karen

I absolutely adore this honey!! And I cannot wait to get my hands on these stamps (you lucky, lucky girl.Hehe.)
(Yes I know my comment is way late - I'm sooh behind with the the bug we all had, and my new speccies kinda took up all my time yesterday. Rofl.
But yup - your card is superb sweety.xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to come and view my creations. I also love looking at all your blogs x